Thursday, May 19, 2016

Newton's Nook Designs May Release - A Cozy Day In

Hi crafty friends! Today is the final reveal day of Newton's Nook Designs May release and today we're showcasing A Cozy Day In. The moment I saw this set I instantly thought of the lazy days when I stay inside and just bundle up with a good book and have Mozart and Molly by my side.
For today's card, I kept it pretty clean and simple and kept the image as the main focal point of the card. I started off by die cutting an A2-sized panel using a stitched rectangle die from white card stock. I stamped the image using my Misti and colored it with Copic Markers. I did some partial fussy-cutting making sure I left the ground and image intact. I white heat embossed the sentiment onto a small stitched banner I cut from gray card stock. For the background, I cut another A2-sized panel and hand drew vertical lines using the chisel end of my YG91 Copic Marker.
A good friend knows all of your stories - by Handmade by Yuki | A Cozy Day In by Newton's Nook Designs
This is such a sweet set and I love how you could use this set anytime of the year for different occasions or just to say hello to a friend. I hope you were inspired today and be sure to hop along with us for a chance to win this set!
Would you like to win the “A Cozy Day In” Stamp Set?
This set will be given away to ONE lucky winner! 

Here's how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective blog release posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday, May 19th at 9pm CST to comment  -- winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, May 20th.


28 comments:

  1. I like the look of the wallpaper. Cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet! Great coloring and I love that tag for the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww!!! Your card is stunning! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Yuki !
    This stamp set is so cute ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute card, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the scene you created.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful--I love your coloring and your choice of colors!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really LOVE the stripey background and the neutral colors you used. The purple pajamas are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is stunning, very high class :) I love the stripped background and the colors you chose. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty.
    Love the striped paper as the
    background. The tab at top is
    fun.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very elegant card, it looks so real, I love it.

    Isabelle Baudin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I thought the background was a patterned paper! It looks fabulous! I love all the neutral colors you used, it's very soft and calming!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty card. Love the background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The 'wallpaper' is
    so pretty. Lovely
    scene.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! I love how you colored the image, and the "wallpaper" background is just too fabulous. Great job setting the scene!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the little scene you created with this sweet stamp! Darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is so AWESOME - love the great background and the image has been colored so perfectly!! Such an inviting scene - makes me want ti pull up a chair and read too!! Wonderfully done!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is wonderful! Love the soft colors! What a comfy scene!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the color you used Yuki, this is incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your coloring is beautiful & i just love the stripes!!
    Lovely!:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh the colors in this card are fabulous! Your coloring is gorgeous too! I really love this one!!

    ReplyDelete