Monday, May 16, 2016

Newton's Nook Designs May Release - Happy Little Thoughts Stamp Set + Coordinating Die

Hi crafty friends! Today is the first reveal day of Newton's Nook Designs May release and today we're showcasing the Happy Little Thoughts stamp set and coordinating die. This is such a beautiful set and I love the positive, uplifting sentiments!
The moment I saw the coordinating dies, I knew I wanted to use the die to make a fun shaker window behind one of the wreaths. I started off by heat embossing the floral wreath with Rose Gold embossing powder. I watercolored the flowers with Gansai Tambi watercolors. I cut the the wreath out using the coordinating die and then cut a piece of acetate to the same size. I die cut another piece of watercolor card stock using a stitched banner die and watercolored the background with the shimmery bronze color included in the Gansai Tambi set. I filled the shaker window with 4mm Metallic Rose Gold sequins and heat embossed the sentiment using the same embossing powder onto a piece of vellum. I fussy-cut the sentiment and popped it onto the shaker window with clear foam tape. On another piece of watercolor card stock, I did some loose watercoloring and die cut two strips using a small stitched scallop border die. I then adhered both of the scallop layers to the bottom of the banner. I die cut the background using a stitched rectangle die and hand drew diagonal lines with the chisel end of my W2 Copic Marker.
Enjoy the Little Things by Handmade by Yuki | Happy Little Thoughts by Newton's Nook Designs
I just love how pretty this card turned out! I feel like the photograph doesn't fully capture all of the pretty shimmer from the embossing and pretty sequins. I have so many fun ideas for this set and I hope you were inspired today! Thanks again for stopping by and make sure to hop along with us for a chance to win this set!

Would you like to win the “Happy Little Thoughts” Stamp Set?
This set will be given away to ONE lucky winner! 

Here's how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective blog release posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday, May 19th at 9pm CST to comment  -- winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, May 20th.


29 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty shaker card! I love all the metallic shimmer mixed with the watercolors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! How clever and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cleaver idea framing the shaker with the wreath. Pretty colors. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty shaker card! I love your choice of colors, so rustic and romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable design! I love how you've used the middle of the wreath for your shaker!! So pretty and thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE shaker cards! This one is really fun!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous shaker card
    and love all the work
    you did in creating it.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely shaker card! That floral wreath is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Gorgeous shaker!! LOVE the design and beautiful colors ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card! Beautiful coloring of the wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, lovely, lovely card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many wonderful features to this card.
    Love the darker background in the shaker.
    The blue that makes a box under the "window"
    is wonderful.
    Gorgeous card.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun shaker card. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this new set. I also love PPP. I need those new rose gold sequins. They look perfect with this new Newton's release!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is amazing and wonderful with so many awesome details!! You are incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful colors and I like the striped background.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card! Just love your shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a pretty little wreath, this is lovely Yuki!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow so very pretty!! What a perfect set for shakers!
    Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a pretty card, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow!!!! I love this new release!!!! Absolutely stunning card!

    ReplyDelete