Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Newton's Nook Designs May Release - Adventure Awaits Stamp Set + Points & Plumes Die + Splendid Stags Die

Welcome back crafty friends! Today is the second reveal day of Newton's Nook Designs May release and today I made a card showcasing the Adventure Awaits stamp set and coordinating die. Today the team is also sharing two NEW stand alone dies that compliment the theme of this set: Points & Plumes Die Set and Splendid Stags Die Set. These sets are seriously so much fun and I love how they would go great together or separately!

For today's card, I started off by gold heat embossing the stag and sentiment onto a piece of watercolor card stock. I then applied a light wash of color using a teal from my Gansai Tambi watercolor set. I matted the watercolor piece onto a piece of metallic gold card stock. For the background, I used a piece of pattern paper I thought matched the theme of the card. And to add some extra dimension, I added an extra layer of vellum. I mounted all of the layers onto a kraft card base. Instead of using twine, I made a bow using 3mm sequin strand. And to finish the card, I add a few 4mm and 6mm Metallic Gold sequins.
Follow Your Dreams by Handmade by Yuki | Adventure Awaits by Newton's Nook Designs
I had so much fun making this card and seriously love the new die sets, too! Thanks again for stopping by and make sure to hop along with us for a chance to win this set!

Would you like to win the “Adventure Awaits” Stamp Set?
This set will be given away to ONE lucky winner! 

Here's how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective blog release posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday, May 19th at 9pm CST to comment  -- winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, May 20th.


25 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the gold-embossed stag on the watercolored background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these products and your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you and your card is beautiful. This is going to be a stamp and die set which will be so useful. The gold stands out beautifully x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful.
    I love the design on the deer's body.
    The shading around the design is great.
    thanks for sharing a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! This image look great in gold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous, love all the elements in your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I love the combo of metallic and watercolor! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! What a stunning design! Love the softness of the watercolor along with the gold sequins ribbon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Yuki :)
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the soft watercolor background. Very pretty card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful, love the softly watercolored background

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the color wash and the gold sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow! Love the gold embellishments! Nicely done!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty card, love the sequin bow!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my! Such a pretty card! Your gold stag looks amazing against teal, and all the gold embellishments are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great card, from the arrow background to the gorgeous gold embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is very elegant.
    Isabelle Baudin

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my the water coloring with the gold is just stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing your wonderful card.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome card! Love this beautiful stamp set and the stag in particular! Love the watercolor background and the embellishments too!

    ReplyDelete