Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Newton's Nook Designs May Release - Newton's Book Club

Happy Hump Day! I hope your week is going well! Today is the third reveal day of Newton's Nook Designs May release and today I made a card showcasing the adorable Newton's Book Club set. This set is just so sweet and would make a perfect card for anyone who enjoys reading. I created a general friendship card which I could keep on-hand for any occasion.
I started off by die cutting a stitched tag from white card stock. I stamped a woodgrain background pattern on the tag with light gray ink. I then cut another tag from white card stock and stamped the image of Newton laying on the bookshelf. I colored the image with Copic Markers. To make it look like Newton was inside the bookshelf, I cut out the center of the woodgrain tag using a similar sized stitched rectangle die and then adhered the two cut pieces onto my second tag with foam tape. I white heat embossed the sentiment onto a piece of matching gray card stock. I die cut a bow from dark aqua card stock and glued to the top of the tag. For some added embellishment, I added a 4mm Clear Droplet to the center of the bow. I then added a strip of a lighter shade of aqua card stock I had die cut using a small stitched scalloped border die. For the background, I dry embossed a piece of white card stock using a Bead Board embossing folder. and then used the same gray card stock for the card base.
Relax, Read, Repeat by Handmade by Yuki | Newton's Book Club by Newton's Nook Designs
I just love how this card turned out and had so much fun coloring this sweet image! I hope you were inspired as well and thanks again for stopping by! Be sure to hop along with us for a chance to win this set!

Would you like to win the “Newton's Book Club” Stamp Set?
This set will be given away to ONE lucky winner! 

Here's how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective blog release posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday, May 19th at 9pm CST to comment  -- winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, May 20th.

40 comments:

  1. So darling! I love how you framed the sleeping cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is lovely!!! Thanks for the tutorial! Really love the layout, coloring and everything! Especially love how dimensional this looks and how the cat and books pop against the natural lighter colors of the rest of the card! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh... he's just so stinkin' cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES!! I need spanking to not visit you as much I would like to do; YOUR PROJECTS ARE THE BOMB :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card Yuki, it´s so cute ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this--your coloring and background are awesome!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I love how you recessed the stamped image and how you colored it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this - you have created quite the homey little scene for Newton to be in - the texture, the layers and the dimension on this card are super fantastic, as is the coloring!! Love this and I am super impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so cute, I love it.
    Isabelle Baudin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super sweet card! Love the darling design ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card. Love the softness of the card and maked me feel like I needed to be very quiet because we're in a library :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eek!! This is too sweet!! I love the kitty with books and your coloring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely work on this
    sweet card! Loving
    this stamp set.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet project. Love the embossing and the woodgrain. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the layering.
    Putting the tag on the card is
    a great idea.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow--love this and your coloring is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all the details in this card. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is my favorite stamp set and I love what you did with it. Your coloring is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  19. my favorite stamps!
    love it!
    you made so cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your pretty coloring on this cute Newton! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This set is adorable! I love Newton's Nook stamps! This looks just like my kitty too when I open a book!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE everything about this Yuki!! It's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is such a cute card! Your coloring is seriously amazing, and I love how you frame the image on your tag!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a cute card. The coloring is great.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your card is soooooo CUTE. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awwww!!!!! I love this set!!!! Very very cute!!!! Such lovely card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is lovely. I love the color combo and how the soft colors draws the eyes to the colored image and makes it the center of attention.

    ReplyDelete
  28. such a lovely card! I love the colors you used on this too. It reminds me of my grandpas bookshelf with all his classic novels on it. And Newton is so cute snuggled in there!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love LOVE L*O*V*E your super cute card!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow!! This card is awesome too! Again, your color choices are so perfect and your coloring... just WOW!!

    ReplyDelete