Thursday, May 12, 2016

Pretty Pink Posh May Product Release Blog Hop

Hi there! Today the Pretty Pink Posh team is showcasing the new PPP May release with a blog hop! You should have arrived here from Amy's blog and if not, you'll want to start from the start at the PPP blog.

For my first card, I used the adorable critters from Darling Friends which is a Pretty Pink Posh/Simon Say Stamp exclusive set to create a sweet shaker card. I colored the critters with Copic Markers and then cut them out using the coordinating dies. I water colored the background using Gansai Tambi watercolors and cut it out using the new Storybook 4 Die. I filled the shaker with sequins from the new Wisteria Blossoms Mix. I mounted the shaker window onto gold glitter card stock. For the background, I stamped a triangle background stamp in Beanstalk Green ink onto a piece of white card stock. I then mounted the background panel onto a piece of purple card stock. I then mounted all of the layers onto an olive card base. The sentiment is from the Birdie Friends set. For the sentiment, I gold heat embossed the "hugs to you" onto a piece of vellum and fussy-cut it out. I popped the vellum portion onto the shaker window using clear foam tape. I then white heat embossed the second portion of the sentiment onto a strip of black card stock. To finish the card, I added a few extra sequins to the front of the card.
Hugs to you by Handmade by Yuki | Darling Friends and Birdie Friends by Pretty Pink Posh
For my second card, I created another fun shaker card. This time I used the Somebunny set to create a fun Spring-inspired birthday card. I used one of the new stitched tag dies as the focal panel for my scene. I colored the background of the scene and stamped images with Copic Markers. I then cut the stamped images using the coordinating dies. I used the scallop frame die to create the shaker window and used a piece of floral pattern paper for the background. I filled the shaker window with the new 4mm-sized iridescent sequins: Sunshine Glow, Peridot Mist and Fairytale Fuchsia. The iridescent sequins are some of my favorites and I love that they now come in both 4mm and 6mm sizes! I also added a few Sparkling Clear seed beads. For the background, I stamped the Gingham background onto white card stock with Surf Blue ink and then cut it out using an A2-sized stitched rectangle. I white heat embossed a few of the clouds and the sentiment onto vellum and added them to the front of the card as well. I stamped the second portion of the sentiment onto a stitched banner. To finish the card, I added a few Sparking Clear sequins covered the balloon with Shimmer Pico embellisher.
Somebunny's birthday by Handmade by Yuki | Somebunny by My Favorite Things
I just love how both cards turned out and had so much fun using the dies and sequins from the latest release! I hope you were inspired and thanks again for stopping by! Your next stop on the blog hop is the incredibly talented, Julia Altermann!


 Would you like a chance to win one a $25 gift certificates to the PPP Store?
To enter to win one of TWO $25 give certificates, leave a comment on each blog by 11:59 PST on May 16th. Winners will be chosen randomly and announced on the Pretty  Pink Posh blog.


89 comments:

  1. Beautiful color, pattern and sparkle..... LOVE, love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bold purple on the first card. The gold glitter really sets it off well. My FAVE however is that little bunny. How cute is she?!?! You coloring is fabulous and love the white embossing on the clouds! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bunny card! The gingham background is so subtle and peaceful and the embossed vellum cloud is dreamy ! And the bunny looks like a princess !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love shaker cards! This are so nice. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb, love your both cute creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those cute animals peeking through the window!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness both of your cards are just gorgeous. I really love the Somebunny card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are just that. . .DARLING!!! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bunny on the tag is simply darling. Love the bright sequins you used for this card. The purple card is sweet too, especially with the critters in the windows ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how both cards turned out, too, Yuki! So stinkin' cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice cards! Love the little animals peeking out of the windows. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Yuki! Wonderful cards that are full of your happy personality! A treat to visit here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your shakers are sheer delight, especially the first, with the fabulous purple and sweet critters! PPP products showcased beautifully!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both cards are beautiful! You are very talented

    ReplyDelete
  15. Delightful cards! Love the sweet faces in the windows on your purple card, and the layering of the dies and soft blue of the second card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Like all the others, very cute/sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great cards, both of them! I love the purple one most! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your cards are beautiful and those little critters peeking out are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. SQUEAL!! SUPER SWEET Cards!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Designs and the New Products!! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable Storybook scene with the animals and sequins and the great purple watercolor!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute cards. I would not have thought to put the tag upside down.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my word, these are the cutest cards ever! I love these precious critters!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love all the colored sequins you used in your bunny card!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love both card designs. They are so cute, colorful and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love both card designs. They are so cute, colorful and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  26. colorful and cheerful colors... Love both cards

    ReplyDelete
  27. You've used one of my favorite stamp sets (the Stamptember exclusive) and your little bunny card is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! These are awesome! I'm in love with that second card with the bunny scene!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Both cards are so adorable. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Both of these cards are so cute and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Awwwww...super cute cards!!!!! Love them both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I like the various stamps used here to make this card!
    Thanks for the blog hop, Pretty Pink Posh!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fun cards and
    I love the colors
    on that first one.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the richness of your cards, the second one is soooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fun, pretty cards! Love the vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete
  36. The little critter stamps are the sweetest! Mix them with sequins and wow, how cute is that!

    ReplyDelete
  37. This new release brings out the whimsy and cuteness creative touches! Your cards have truly brought out some of the best examples along this themes! I love the colors and the layering placement, plus those extra little touches that really add dimension and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love the cards.
    the first made me smile - the
    little animals are darling.
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  39. Two incredible designs!! Really love the way you've done your background on both of these!! Super cute images too! :) Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Gorgeous cards! Love the touch of glitter in the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  41. DARLING, Yuki. You never cease to amaze me.
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh, I'm in love with that super sweet hugs shaker!!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love your cards especially the second one with vellum clouds and colorful sequins in the shaker window.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love how you used the storybook die!

    ReplyDelete
  45. These are both beautiful Yuki. I especially like the 2nd one!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love that vibrant purple and their cute little faces poking out. And your shaker card is fantastic with the multi-coloured sequins!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love your cute critters and these great dies from PPP!

    ReplyDelete
  48. These are adorable, just like I knew they'd be. Your fussy cutting is phenomenal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Super cute Yuki!!! Love the bright colors

    ReplyDelete
  50. Adorable cards. love the shaker with the patterned paper in the background. It makes it appear sooooo jam packed with yummy sequins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. Your cards are so cute and
    fun! My favorite is the purple one,
    since purple is one of my favorite
    colors!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Cute cards! I like how you used the tag upside down.

    ReplyDelete
  53. DELIGHTFUL cards!!!
    SO MUCH CUTENESS to LOVE, especially critters in the windows and pretty colours!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing your INKY AWESOMENESS :)

    ReplyDelete
  54. Adorable critters and sequins cards.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Love all those cute little faces looking out!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete