Thursday, May 5, 2016

Taylored Expressions Share Joy Challenge #34 - Sketch + Inspiration Photo


Taylored Expressions
Hi crafty friends! I hope your month is off to a great start! We're actually in Los Angeles for the weekend to visit friend and family. I still can't believe we're almost half-way through the year, so crazy! And with that, since it's almost the end of another week that means it's time for a new Share Joy Challenge. For this week's challenge, I went with the sketch, although I must admit I was inspired by the flowers from the inspiration photo. I used the Simply Stamped - Roses set to create an elegant friendship card.
Share Joy Challenge #34 - Thinking of You by Handmade by Yuki | Simply Stamped - Roses by Taylored Expressions
I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to stamp the different layers. I used Cotton Candy, Hot Lips and Schoolhouse Red dye inks for the roses and Beanstalk Green and Olive dye inks for the leaves. I then cut the images out using the coordinating dies. I created a white frame using two stitched rectangle dies. I die cut a piece of light gray card stock using a stitched border die for the sentiment. I then used the same card stock to die cut a stitched banner and tucked it behind the frame. I used matching light gray pattern paper for the background and then covered the roses with clear Wink of Stella glitter. To finish the card, I added Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

I just love how this card turned out! These roses add such an elegant touch and I had so much fun being inspired by this week's sketch. I hope you were inspired as well and hope you have a wonderful day! Thanks again for stopping by and be sure to swing by the Share Joy Challenge Blog to see more amazing inspiration! ♥

Pretty Pink Posh

3 comments:

  1. This turned out gorgeous Yuki! I LOVE the colors you used on those roses. It has such a fabulous elegant look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card Yuki!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO very pretty!! Love the soft colors and those flowers are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete