Thursday, May 26, 2016

Taylored Expressions Share Joy Challenge #37 - Sketch + Color Challenge

Hi again! This is my second post of the day. For my NND post, click here.


Taylored Expressions
Welcome back! Can you believe it's already the last Thursday of May?! I feel like this first half of the year just flew by! It's been a fun, but crazy busy first half of the year and I'm excited to see what's in store for the rest of the year. Today there's a new challenge over on the Share Joy Challenge blog. I went with color challenge and create a sweet "hello" card using the Pocketful of Sunshine
Share Joy Challenge #37 - Peeping out to say hello by HandmadebyYuki | Pocketful of Sunshine by Taylored Expressions
I started off by stamping the flowers directly onto a white card panel. I masked the flowers and then inked the background using a soft navy dye ink. I colored the flowers with Copic Markers and then stamped the sentiment directly onto the panel. I also colored the cute chick with Copic Markers and then fussy-cut it out, leaving a white border. Also inspired by the color challenge, I die cut a picket fence from Chocolate Truffle.  I used a stitched cloud die to add a layer of white clouds to the top of the panel. I die the grass using a grass border die and inked it up with a beanstalk green dye ink. For the card base, I used Toffee card stock. To finish the card, I added some natural twine and covered the flowers with Clear Wink of Stella glitter.

I had so much fun playing along with this week's color challenge. I hope you were inspired as well and be sure to swing by the Share Joy Challenge Blog to see more amazing inspiration! Thanks again for stopping by and have a wonderful day! ♥

2 comments:

  1. What a great little summer scene you created Yuki, very cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness...so cute!
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete