Sunday, June 19, 2016

Happy Father's Day!

Good morning! I hope you're having a lovely weekend so far. I'm just quickly stopping in to wish all of the dads out there a happy Father's day! I also wanted to share the card I made for my dad this year. I used Party Animal and Happy Trails from Lawn Fawn to make this cute outdoorsy-themed card. My dad always to go camping when we were young and we refer to him as the papa bear, so I thought this card would be perfect!
Happy Father's Day by Handmade by Yuki | Party Animal and Happy Trails by Lawn Fawn
I started off by stamping all of the images with mini MISTI tool. The MISTI makes it easy to stamp multiple images at once and you can always be sure you'll get a nice dark impression since you can always easily re-stamp. I then colored the images with Copic Markers and cut them out using the coordinating dies. I then cut two hills using stitched hillside border dies and inked them up with Shabby Shutters, Mowed Lawn and Pine Needles distress inks. I created a mask for the sky by simply die cutting a circle from a piece of masking paper and using both the negative and positives pieces for my ink blending. I inked up the sky with Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers and Faded Jeans. For the sun, I used Squeezed Lemonade and Mustard Seed. I created my own custom sentiment using Harold's ABCs and white heat embossed it onto a strip of black card stock. To finish the card, I added a few stars with my white gel pen and a few silver mini star confetti scattered across the sky.
 photo LF Fathers Days 2016 02_HandmadebyYuki.jpg
I had so much fun creating this card and I hope my dad likes it as much as I do! I'm also linking this up to the latest SSS Wednesday Challenge - Animal Magic. Thanks again for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day! ♥

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog 

Pretty Pink Posh



5 comments:

  1. WOW Yuki!! This might just be my favorite card from you ever!! The glow on your sun, the adorable scene and those teeny stars!! CUTE card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Just love your blended background and your bright sunset!! SO very cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this card is adorable Yuki!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuki- love love love love this card- it is FABULOUS!! :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your vibrant cute card, fabulous scene you made.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete