Friday, June 24, 2016

Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #33 - Ombre Challenge

Happy Friday! Today is the start of a new Inky Paws Challenge over on the Newton's Nook Designs blog. One of my favorite techniques to incorporate the ómbre look is ink blending. So I was super excited to this month's challenge and to whip out my distress inks! I used Beautiful Blossoms and Beautiful Wings to create this pretty friendship card.
Inky Paws Challenge #33 by Handmade by Yuki | Beautiful Wings and Beautiful Blossoms by Newton's Nook Designs
I stamped the butterfly and flower onto white card stock and colored the images with Copic Markers. I then fussy-cut the flower and cut the butterfly using the coordinating die. Although I don't have them, there are coordinating dies for the flowers, too! I then created my background by ink blending Cracked Pistachio, Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers, Salt Ocean. I also spritzed a few droplets of water to the background to give it that fun distressed look. I stamped the leaves and stem directly onto a white card panel and then again onto a separate piece of card stock. I colored the leaves and fussy-cut those out and glued them directly onto the card panel. I white heat embossed the sentiment onto black card stock and popped that onto the card panel as well. I added few Clear Droplets from Pretty Pink Posh and Shimmer Pico Embellisher to the butterfly.

I love how pretty background turned out and had so much fun playing along with this month's challenge! I hope you were inspired by today's card and I cannot wait to see what you create! Don't forget to visit the Newton's Nook Designs blog for more inspiration! ♥

Pretty Pink Posh

2 comments: