Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Newton's Nook Designs June Release - Flower Garden

Welcome back! Today is the second reveal day of Newton's Nook Designs June release and today we're showcasing Flower Garden. This is another beautiful set that would also pair wonderfully with the new Garden Window die set.
For today's post, I decided to make a shaker card using the poppies. I started off by white heat embossing the poppies onto vellum. In order to avoid damaging the nibs of my Copic Markers, I colored on the backside of the vellum. This is actually the first time I ever tried Copic coloring on vellum. It was pretty easy and I found that I didn't need to spend too much time blending the different colors. I had originally started with 3 shades of coral/orange, but I soon realized the lightest color wasn't really showing through. And since the vellum itself mutes the colors quite I bit, I added several layers of the darkest shade. Once it was completely dry, I fussy-cut the flowers out, leaving a thing border.
Hello Sunshine Shaker Card by Handmade by Yuki | Flower Garden and Garden Window Die Set by Newton's Nook Designs
I then created the background to the shaker window. I blended the background using a light yellow and a melon-colored dye ink. I cut a piece of white card stock to an A2-size and the cut the shaker window using the Storybook 4 die. I then cut a scalloped frame border from coral card stock.
Hello Sunshine Shaker Card by Handmade by Yuki | Flower Garden and Garden Window Die Set by Newton's Nook Designs
I white heat embossed the sentiment onto the same coral card stock and cut it out using the banner die from the Garden Window die set. I then filled the shaker window with Silver Shimmer Seed Beads, 6mm Lemon Meringue sequins, Gold Mini Star Confetti, 4mm Metallic Rose sequins and 4mm Sunshine Glow sequins all from Pretty Pink Posh.
Hello Sunshine Shaker Card by Handmade by Yuki | Flower Garden and Garden Window Die Set by Newton's Nook Designs
I had so much fun coloring on vellum. This is such a fun technique that gives your image such a unique look. I love the way this card turned out and I hope you were inspired, too! Thanks again for stopping by and don't forget to hop along with us for a chance to win this set!

Would you like to win the “Flower Garden” Stamp Set?
This set will be given away to ONE lucky winner! 

Here's how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective blog release posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday, June 16th at 9pm CST to comment  -- winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, June 17th.



Pretty Pink Posh

25 comments:

  1. This is such a delightful shaker!! Someone is going to be sooo happy when this lands in their mailbox!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful.
    Love the colors.
    The flowers on the front of the window
    is a great idea.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is so pretty! What a great design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuki, your card is quite simply...GORGEOUS! Your colour scheme for it is just so beautiful. An amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yuki, your card is quite simply...GORGEOUS! Your colour scheme for it is just so beautiful. An amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yuki, this card takes my breath away !! Absolutely beautiful, soft and I love that you used vellum for the flowers. And to make it even more attractive, you made it a shaker card. Fantastic job :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW - this is stunning!! The vellum flowers on top of your beautiful shaker is just amazing!! Loving the way you made this card - excellent!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Pretty!...and pretty wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is GORGEOUS Yuki!! I just adore these colors together and how it looks like a window. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card! Great job coloring the pansies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful window scene
    and love that it's a
    shaker card!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning shaker card. Love the gold sequins you put inside and the beautiful way you colored in the delicate flowers:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! This card is AMAZING!! I LOVE the pretty color of the flowers and the sequins. STUNNING

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty shaker card. I love the colors you chose to mix with the coloring of the image. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful shaker card. Very pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful shaker card with gorgeous colors! Love those pretty poppies!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing card Yuki! So pretty and quite elegant too!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. More beautiful vellum today! I love it with the peach too :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Stunningly gorgeous. Beautiful colors and design.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Such a fantastic shaker card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! I just LOVE this gorgeous shaker! Beautiful color combination too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a beautiful shaker! I like how you softened the flowers by stamping them on vellum. The peachy pink with the rose gold sequins is a pretty combination.

    ReplyDelete