Thursday, June 16, 2016

Newton's Nook Designs June Release - Newton's Support

Hi there! Today is the final reveal day of Newton's Nook Designs June release and today we're showcasing Newton's Support.This set is near and dear to my heart. Last week we had to say goodbye to our precious Molly after a brave fight against Feline Lymphoma. Although we miss her terribly, I feel so blessed and grateful that she had such a long and happy life and even made it to her 16th birthday! She will always be in our hearts and memories and I take comfort in knowing she's resting in peace now in kitty heaven.
For today's post, I made an encouragement card using the sweet image of Newton. This set has such sweet and encouraging sentiments for anyone going through a difficult time.
I started off by cutting a piece of smooth white card stock using a stitched square die. I stamped Newton and the sentiment using my mini MISTI tool for perfect placement. I colored Newton with Copic Markers and then cut out a mask using masking paper. I lightly blended Spun Sugar distress ink around Newton to create a light pink halo. I then cut a thin strip of white card stock using a stitched scalloped border die and glued it to the bottom of the panel.
Life is tough, but so are you - by Handmade by Yuki | Newton's Support by Newton's Nook Designs
For the background, I cut a piece of pink polka dot pattern paper using a stitched rectangle die. I die cut a strip of white card stock using a stitched border die and glued it to towards the top of the background panel. I then die cut a bow from white card stock and three times from pink card stock. This gave the bow some added stability and dimension. I also like how from the side you see a little pop of pink. I added a few Marshmallow sequins and a few sequins to the bow as well. To finish the card, I added clear Wink of Stella to the pink ribbon.
 photo NND June Release_Newtons Support 02_HandmadebyYuki.jpg
This is such a sweet card and I hope it can bring a little bit of joy to whomever receives it.Thanks again for stopping by and don't forget to hop along with us for a chance to win this set!

Would you like to win the “Newton's Support” Stamp Set?
This set will be given away to ONE lucky winner! 

Here's how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective blog release posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday, June 16th at 9pm CST to comment  -- winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, June 17th.



Pretty Pink Posh

18 comments:

  1. I'm really sorry your little Molly had to go the cat's paradise. I know how hard to get used to their absence. Courage !
    Your card is fantastic. I love your work on the colors, it's so delicate. Really great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!I'm really sorry your little Molly...
    Your card and the stamp set are absolutely adorable!!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card.
    Sorry for your loss. Our fur babies
    are as important as our real babies
    and their loss is hard to take.
    Positive thoughts coming your way.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet card. So sorry about your kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO sorry about Molly Yuki, I really did pray for her! Sending hugs and condolences. Your card is very pretty, I especially like the look of that spun sugar - will have to try that sometime! Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs, Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this card! So sorry about your kitty. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card and so sorry about your cat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about your sweet Molly. Always hard to lose our beloved pets...
    Pretty card! Love the layers and details! That Newton is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yuki, your card is lovely as well! A great job by all of you ladies! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry about your cat - this card turned out so amazing! Love the special touches you always add!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry that you've lost your Molly Yuki, sending hugs your way. Your card is as sweet as can be, love the pinks and the polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your beautiful card! So sorry for your loss!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your beautiful card! So sorry for your loss!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a sweet card! I love the little pink kitty cheeks! Thanks for sharing that gorgeous photo of Molly! I just want to give you a hug - you must miss her so much! Sending virtual hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  15. seriously cute card. Love the pink glow behind the kitty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh Yuki i'm so sorry to hear about Molly.. giving you a big hug!! Love this picture of her, she was beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete