Thursday, June 23, 2016

Newton's Nook Designs - Rainbow Sprinkles

Hi crafty friends! Today I'm up on the Newton's Nook Designs blog sharing this super fun birthday card using Summer Scoops.
Rainbow Sprinkles birthday card by Handmade by Yuki | Summer Scoops by Newton's Nook Designs
I started off by using my mini MISTI tool to stamp the ice cream images onto watercolor card stock. I then colored them using my ZIG Clean Color brush pens. I fussy-cut them out, leaving a white border. To create the fun rainbow background, I die cut a piece of smooth white card stock using an A2-sized stitched rectangle die. I masked off the stitched edges to give the background a white border. I used Mermaid Lagoon, Twisted Citron, Mustard Seed and Picked Raspberry distress inks to create the ink blended background.To frame the ice cream sundaes, I cut a scalloped oval die from white card stock three times and glued it directly onto the background. I white heat embossed the sentiment onto a piece of black card stock I cut using a banner die. I added some matching iridescent sequins from Pretty Pink Posh and to finish the card, I added clear Wink of Stella glitter to the ice cream.

This was such a fun card to make and I just love the way it turned out! I hope you were inspired and be sure to swing by the NND blog for more inspiration. Thanks again for stopping by and have a wonderful day! ♥

Pretty Pink Posh

3 comments:

  1. I love your idea of using the scalloped oval to be a backdrop for your treats; very clever. The recipient will love the card. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is INCREDIBLE Yuki!! Those bright happy colors and the ice cream treats just scream summer!! CUTENESS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this card is so bright and colorfull!! :)

    ReplyDelete