Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Newton's Nook Designs - Shark Week



Hi crafty friends! All this week the Newton's Nook blog is celebrating Shark Week! This week we're showcasing the Shark Bites stamp set and the new Shark Bites Die Set.
For today's card, I started off by die cutting a white card panel using an A2-sized stitched rectangle die. I white heat embossed the the waves onto the background panel. I masked off the stitched edges to create a white border. I then inked the background with Faded Jeans, Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean and Broken China distress inks. I then generously spritzed the background with water droplets. I watercolored the shark with ZIG Clean Color Real brush pens and then cut him out using the coordinating die. I then white heat embossed another wave onto vellum and cut that out with the coordinating die as well. To give the wave some cool dimension, I popped it up with clear foam tape. I stamped the sentiment onto a speech bubble and colored the inside of the speech bubble with a light blue Copic Marker. To finish the card, I added a few sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.
Shark Week: You're JAW-some! by Handmade by Yuki | Shark Bites by Newton's Nooks Designs
I had so much fun making this card and love that the Shark Bites set now has a coordinating die set! What's even more exciting is that all this week, both sets will be on sale - how cool is that, right?! Don't forget to stop by the NND blog everyday this week for much more inspiration. Thanks again for stopping by and have a wonderful day! ♥

Pretty Pink Posh

1 comment:

  1. Heehee, this is too much fun!! Great background!

    ReplyDelete