Thursday, June 30, 2016

Taylored Expressions Share Joy Challenge #42 - Sketch + Inspiration Photo

Taylored Expressions
Hi crafty friends! Can you believe today is the last day of June?! For my friends in the US, I hope you have some fun plans for the 4th of July weekend. We're making a quick trip down to Portland and then hope to catch some fireworks back in Seattle on the 4th.

We've been having some beautiful summer weather this past week here in Seattle. However, I know my friends in Southern California have been dealing with some pretty hot temperatures. In the spirit of the hot summer weather, I made a fun summer-themed card for the latest Share Joy Challenge using Summer Grumplings.
Share Joy Challenge #42 by Handmade by Yuki | Summer Grumplings by Taylored Expressions
For this week's challenge, I followed the sketch pretty closely. I started off by cutting four small squares using a stitched square die. I inked the inside backgrounds of the squares with Wilted Violet, Twisted Citron, Mermaid Lagoon and Wild Honey distress inks. I colored the images with Copic Markers and cut them out using coordinating dies. How cute are these images?! They seriously crack me up lol! I then white heat embossed the sentiment onto black card stock and cut it out using a banner die.

I just love how this card turned out and had so much fun playing with this set. I hope you were inspired and don't forget to swing by the Share Joy Challenge Blog to see more amazing inspiration! Thanks again for stopping by and have a wonderful day! ♥

3 comments:

  1. Those summer grumplings are too cute in their little square frames! Awesome Yuki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness too fun!! Love those grumpy faces and the different colors you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card, the critters are too cute!

    ReplyDelete