Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Taylored Expressions Share Joy Challenge #39 - Sketch + Tic-Tac-Toe


Taylored Expressions
Hi crafty friends! It's that time of the week again. Today is the start of a new challenge on the Share Joy Challenge blog. This week I was inspired by the tic-tac-toe and went with: twine, dots & stripes and coloring to create a sweet friendship card using Bunny Tails & Happy Trails.
Share Joy Challenge #39 by Handmade by Yuki | Bunny Tails and Happy Trails and Sky High Sentiments by Taylored Expressions
I started off by doing some very loose watercoloring with Gansai Tambi watercolors to create my scene. The sentiment is from the Sky High Sentiments set and I stamped it onto a separate piece of watercolor card stock and cut it out using the Rolling Clouds die. I added a layer of grass I cut using a stitched hillside border die. For the image, since I was stamping on watercolor card stock, I used my mini MISTI tool for a new dark impression. I matted the focal image to a piece of striped brown pattern paper and then used green polka dot pattern paper for the background. As the final element of the tic-tac-toe challenge, I added some natural twine to the top of the card.

I tend to automatically reach for my Copic Markers, but this card reminded me how fun it is to watercolor. I love the way it turned out and I hope you were inspired to give different coloring mediums a try! Thanks again for stopping by and be sure to swing by the Share Joy Challenge Blog to see more amazing inspiration! Thanks again for stopping by and have a wonderful day! ♥

2 comments: