Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Newton's Nook Designs - Mahalo

Hi crafty friends! Today I'm up on the Newton's Nook Designs blog sharing a fun beach-themed card using the new Aloha Newton set.
Mahalo by Handmade by Yuki | Aloha Newton by Newton's Nook Designs
I started off by die cutting smooth white card stock using two stitched squares dies to create a frame for the focal panel. I stamped the cute image of Newton on a hammock onto the main focal panel. I then extended the lines of the sand with my Copic Multiliner pen. I then colored the entire scene with Copic Markers. I stamped a canvas background onto a kraft card base for a subtle tone-on-tone look. For the sentiment, I used the banner die from the Garden Window Diet Set and layered a piece of dark brown card stock behind the sentiment banner to help make it pop.

I had so much fun coloring this image and love the way this card turned out! I hope you were inspired and be sure to swing by the NND blog for more inspiration. Thanks again for stopping by and have a wonderful day! ♥

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love this Yuki. A fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks like a cozy little kitty!! Cute card Yuki!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome article about design. Very informative and detailed. Thanks for spending so much effort in sharing this valuable information.

    With Regards,
    Italian Handmade Shoes | Handmade Loafers for Men

    ReplyDelete