Thursday, August 18, 2016

Taylored Expressions Share Joy Challenge #49 - Sketch + Color Challenge

Hi again! This is my second post of the day. For the final reveal post for Newton's Nook August release, click here.

Taylored Expressions
Hi again! Today is the final Share Joy Challenge for the month of August. I hope you've been having a wonderful summer. I still can't believe how quickly these months have flown by! For this week's challenge, I was inspired by the sketch and used Sunshiny Day to create a fun and cheerful card.
Share Joy Challenge #49 - Happy Days by Handmade by Yuki | Sunshiny Days by Taylored Expressions
I followed the sketch pretty closely and just added a few tweaks here there. I added a full scalloped border to the bottom of the focal panel in yellow card stock. For banner strip in the background, I cut two stitched banners from Toffee card stock. I die cut another small banner from red card stock and stapled that to the focal panel with my tiny attacher. For the background, I used matching orange polka dot pattern paper. To finish the card, I added some natural twine.

I just love the warm, neutral colors and how sweet this card turned out. This card would be perfect for the end of summer or even into fall! Thanks again for stopping by and be sure to swing by the Share Joy Challenge Blog for much more inspiration. Have a wonderful day! ♥


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Yuki, this is adorable!! You know I love the polka dots and that happy little potted flowers is as sweet as can be!!

    ReplyDelete