Thursday, August 25, 2016

Taylored Expressions Share Joy Challenge #50 - Sketch + Inspiration Photo


Taylored Expressions
Hi crafty friends! In last week's post, I thought it was the last Thursday of the month. I must have not been paying attention to my calendar because clearly today is the last Thursday of August, whoops lol! But regardless, I hope you've had an amazing summer and August so far. I know for a lot of you, the end of August means back to school. For me, approaching the end of summer means we're that much closer to the holiday card making season! So for this week's Share Joy Challenge, I've started my holiday card making early and used one of my favorite sets, Critters on Ice, to make a cute Christmas card inspired by the sketch.
Share Joy Challenge #50 - Merry Chrismoose by Handmade by Yuki | Critters on Ice by Taylored Expressions
I kept the design pretty close to the inspiration sketch. I started off by coloring the adorable moose with Copic Markers then cut him out using the coordinating die. I stamped the sentiment onto a stitched banner and used a few pieces of holiday pattern papers from last year's collection. I then adhered all of the layers onto a Toffee card base.

I just love how cute and simple this card turned out. You could easily take this design and mass produce a bunch for the holidays. It'd be so fun to use the different critters and mix and match different pattern papers, too! Thanks again for stopping by and be sure to swing by the Share Joy Challenge Blog for much more inspiration. Have a wonderful day! ♥

2 comments:

  1. Heehee, this is such a cute card Yuki! Love that little skating moose!

    ReplyDelete