Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Newton's Nook Designs - Autumn Wishes

Hi crafty friends! Today I'm up on the Newton's Nook Designs blog sharing a Fall-themed hello card featuring Hedgehog Hollow and Beautiful Leaves.
Autumn Wishes by Handmade by Yuki | Newton's Nook Designs: Hedgehog Hollows & Beautiful Leaves
I started off by die cutting a piece of kraft card stock using a pierced oval die. I stamped the adorable hedgehog right onto the card stock and colored it with Copic Markers. The key to coloring on colored card stock that's not necessarily Copic-friendly is using colors that will easily blend together in order to minimize the amount of layers needed and reduce bleeding. I used the same kraft card stock for the card base and created a stamped background with the leaves. I colored the leaves with Copic Markers as well. To make the hedgehog and background images pop a little bit more, I outlined the images with my W2 Copic Marker. To finish the card, I added some twine to the top of the card.

I just love how this card turned out and I always enjoy using my Copics in different ways. The Copic coloring on the kraft gives the card such a earthy and neutral look, perfect for Fall! I hope you were inspired and be sure to swing by the NND blog for more inspiration. Thanks again for stopping by and have a wonderful day! ♥

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!! So very fall and i adore the coloring on kraft!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am completely smitten with this card Yuki!! Love the colors and that cute hedgie. This is definitely my favorite card from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous! I've never tried coloring on kraft with copics before and now I really want to try it! LOVE how perfect for fall this is!

    ReplyDelete