Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Newton's Nook Designs September Release - What A Hoot + Coordinating Dies

Welcome back! It's the second day of Newton's Nook Designs September release and today we're showcasing the What A Hoot stamp set and coordinating die set. If you don't already know this about me, I absolutely LOVE owls - yep, I'm obsessed lol! So as you can imagine, I was absolutely thrilled to see this new set!
Thanks for owl you do by Handmade by Yuki | Newton's Nook Designs: What A Hoot
I started off by coloring the cute owl with Copic Markers and then cutting out with the coordinating die. I used a decorative tag die set to cut the oval and tag shape from white card stock. I cut the scalloped over again from pink polka dot pattern paper. For the background, I used floral pattern paper from the same paper pack. I white heat embossed the sentiment onto a piece of bright pink card stock and then cut another strip of the same pink card stock using a scalloped border die. I glued the scalloped strip right under the sentiment strip and adhered both layers onto the background panel with foam tape. To finish the card I added a few sparkling clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

Would you like to win the "What A Hoot" stamp set?
This set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!

Here's how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective blog release posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday, September 15th at 9pm CST to comment  -- winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, September 16th.

25 comments:

  1. So cute and sweet with these papers and your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is really cute and very elegant !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is too
    cute and so
    lovely! Great
    coloring and
    design.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that frame was made for this owl - what a perfect fit! And oh so pretty! I'm an owl lover, too. What's not to love?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just precious! I really like this pink version!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so bright and festive! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is probably my favorite PPP die and I LOVE what you've done with it here Yuki!! This is my new fave from you, so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome layering and beautifully colored owl! Love this fun stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an adorable card with this cute owl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how the owl is framed.
    Bright, colorful card.
    thanks for sharing a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't know you loved owls! I'm happy to hear how much you like this set! Your card is so pretty! I love all the bright colors you used! So fun and cheerful!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how you framed this owl and made her look like a picture for a night stand. Your coloring is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! Love the colors. The owl is so cute.

    ReplyDelete