Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Newton's Nook Designs September Release - Fall-ing for You

Hi crafty friends! We're back with the third day of Newton's Nook Designs September release. Today we're showcasing Fall-ing For You.  This is such a wonderful mini-set and so perfect for Fall! PSL anyone?
Pumpkin Spice & You by Handmade by Yuki | Newton's Nook Designs: Fall-ing for You
I started off by die cutting a piece of watercolor card stock using a stitched rectangle die. I created my own stamped background by randomly stamping the images and purposely trying to stay within the stitched lines. I watercolored the stamped images with Gansai Tambi watercolors. I then filled in the background with my Green Gray Zig Clean Color marker, again trying to stay within the stitched lines. Once the watercoloring was completely dry, I die cut the center piece using a smaller stitched rectangle die. I also cut a piece of vellum using the same rectangle die and gold heat embossed the sentiment directly onto the vellum. I adhered the inner rectangle portion directly onto the kraft card base and layered the vellum layer right on top. To securely adhere the vellum, I used glue dots behind the embossed portions. I finished the card by adhering the main panel onto the card base with foam tape.

Would you like to win the "Fall-ing for You" stamp set?
This set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!

Here's how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective blog release posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday, September 15th at 9pm CST to comment  -- winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, September 16th.

28 comments:

  1. Love the sentiment stamped on vellum - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the use of vellum and the trendy colors. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card.
    Love the way you layered the
    card.
    I'd be thrilled to see that one
    arrive in my mailbox.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this stamp set and I love your take on it, too, Yuki! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous watercolored background with these awesome fall stamps! Love your colors and the sentiment on vellum! Love the details on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the background you made with the little stamps included in this set. It is beautiful! Your sentiment, the star of the show, looks great embossed on vellum! Wonderful job showing off this set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love card with velum, the result is always great. And with your gold embossing, it's so elegant... really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is stunning! Awesome coloring & cute design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty. Love how you framed the vellum sentiment. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is gorgeous! LOVE the sentiment on vellum with those beautifully colored images in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun, festive card. I like how you embossed the sentiment in gold on vellum. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun, festive card. I like how you embossed the sentiment in gold on vellum. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your gold embossed sentiment on the vellum panel looks wonderful surrounded by all of the fall images! Pretty card Yuki!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE, love, love your card! The colours, the vellum, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh this card is drop dead GORGEOUS. LOVE the gold on the vellum look:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is awesome, love the look of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is simply gorgeous! I love the vellum and the fun way you created the window on the card! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty. I like the stamped background.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a cute card. Great use of the stamps Love this stamp set

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card Yuki! So special, original and unique! :)

    ReplyDelete