Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember - Thankful for you

Hi crafty friends! For those in the US, I hope you had a wonderful and relaxing Labor Day weekend! Today I'm so excited to share a card I made using the Autumn Greetings set from the SSS STAMPtember release. This is such a beautiful and versatile sentiment set. I love the script and I will definitely be reaching for this set throughout the rest of the holiday season. I combined this set with the Happy Harvest set from Lawn Fawn to create a sweet, Fall-themed thank you card.
Thankful for you by Handmade by Yuki | SSS STAMPtember: Autumn Greetings & Lawn Fawn: Happy Harvest
I started off by coloring the stamped images with Copic Markers. Since I don't have the coordinating dies, I fussy-cut the images, leaving a white border. I cut two pieces of smooth white card stock using a stitched rectangle die. One piece for the grassy hill, the other for the sky. I cut the hill using a stitched hill die and inked it up with Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint distress inks. For the sky, I used Mustard Seed, Wild Honey and Peacock Feathers distress inks. I then stamped the sentiment directly onto the sky panel. I then mounted the focal panel onto a yellow gingham background which I cut using an A2-sized stitched rectangle die.

This was such a fun card to make and I had so much fun using both sets. I've had this Lawn Fawn set for a while and was so happy to finally ink it up! I plan on stamping the small "Happy Thanksgiving" sentiment on the inside, but this card would also be a perfect thank you card to give during the Fall season. I hope you were inspired today and be sure to check out the entire  SSS STAMPtember release!


3 comments:

  1. LOL. OH Yuki, this is so sweet! A great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall and your designs = made in heaven cards, hun! Seriously, you create the best designs and I am just loving all the autumn from your blog!

    ReplyDelete