Thursday, September 29, 2016

Taylored Expressions Share Joy Challenge #55 - Sketch + Tic-Tac-Toe

Taylored Expressions
Hi crafty friends! This week's challenge is very special because it will be the final challenge on the Share Joy Challenge blog. I have had so much fun seeing everyone's creations week after week and I am truly going to miss the challenge! To wrap up the challenge, I made a sweet holiday card using one of my all-time favorite sets, Critters on Ice. This was one of my favorite holiday sets last year and I think I'm still going to be reaching for it quite after this holiday season!
Share Joy Challenge #55 - Warm Winter Wishes by Handmade by Yuki | Taylored Expressions: Critters on Ice
For this week's challenge, I was inspired by the tic-tac-toe. I used sequins, embossing and stripes on my project. I started off by cutting the focal panel from smooth white card stock. I created a light blue sky by inking the background with Sea Glass and Lake Shores inks. I then used a falling snow stencil to apply white texture paste for the embossing. I used the rolling clouds die to cut snowy hills and lightly distressed the edges with Sea Glass ink. I then framed the focal panel with a white stitched border. I used the adorable image of the polar bear and colored him in with Copic Markers. I then cut him out using the coordinating die. To incorporate stripes, I a stamped a pinstripe background with white pigment ink onto a piece of Earl Grey card stock. To finish the card, I added 4mm and 6mm sparkling clear sequins.

I seriously had so much fun making this card. Winter/holiday cards are always some of my favorite cards to make and I hope you were inspired to play along for Taylored Expressions last Share Joy Challenge! Thank you again for all of your sweet comments every week and I hope you'll continue to swing by! ♥

2 comments:

  1. Weeee, how fun is this frosty little fella!! Cute card Yuki!!

    ReplyDelete