Friday, October 21, 2016

Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #37 - Cozy Plaids

Happy Friday! Today is the start of a new Inky Paws Challenge over on the Newton's Nook Designs blog. This month's theme is cozy plaids! Whenever I think of the Fall and Winter seasons, plaid always comes to mind! So I was inspired to create two Christmas cards using the adorable pooches from Canine Christmas.
Inky Paws Challenge #37 - Happy Howl-idays by Handmade by Yuki | Newton's Nook Designs: Canine Christmas
I  kept the design the same for both cards and just simply switched up the images. I colored both images with Copic Markers and then fussy-cut them out. I used kraft card stock for the main panel and cut a stitched rectangle frame white card stock.

Inky Paws Challenge #37 - Happy Howl-idays by Handmade by Yuki | Newton's Nook Designs: Canine Christmas
I applied white texture paste using a falling snow stencil to the inside of the framed area. I then white heat embossed the sentiment onto a small strip of black card stock. I cut a piece of white card stock using a stitched cloud border die and adhered it to the bottom of the kraft panel. For the background, I stamped a gingham background stamp in black ink to get that plaid/flannel look.
Inky Paws Challenge #37 - Happy Howl-idays by Handmade by Yuki | Newton's Nook Designs: Canine Christmas
These were such fun and easy holiday cards to create and I hope you were inspired by this month's theme! Don't forget to visit the Newton's Nook Designs blog for more inspiration! ♥


3 comments:

  1. These are both super cute and I love the plaid!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuki, I love these cards and that Scotty dog is my favorite ❤️. I like the red and black plaid but I can't figure out how you did this with the stamp. Would you mind sharing how you did this ? Thank you.
    Gayle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please reply to me at Gayle-rn@sbcglobal.net
      Thank you, Gayle

      Delete