Thursday, October 27, 2016

Newton's Nook Designs October Release - Ornamental Newton and Festive Forest + Coordinating Dies

Hi there! It's the final day of Newton's Nook Designs holiday release and today we're showcasing two more amazing stamp and coordinating die sets - Ornamental Newton and Festive Forest!
The first card I made features the Ornamental Newton stamp and coordinating die set. I started off by inking my background using Broken China, Mermaid Lagoon, Cracked Pistachio and Lucky Clover distress inks. I then spritzed the background with some water to give the background  fun distressed look. I colored the cute image of Newton on the ornament with Copic Markers and then cut him out using the coordinating die. I used a hole punch to cut a circle from the top of the ornament in order to be able to tie add some twine. I used two stitched rectangle dies to create a white frame and adhered the twine to the back of the frame to make it look like Newton and the ornament are hanging from the top of the frame. I white heat embossed the sentiment onto a strip of vellum. To adhere the vellum, I glued each side of the vellum to the white frame and added tiny pieces of clear foam tape to the sentiment for added stability. To finish the card, I added a thick coat of glossy accents to the ornament and 4mm sparkling clear sequins.
Big Holiday Wishes by Handmade by Yuki | Newton's Nook Designs: Ornamental Newton
For the the Festive Forest stamp set, I created a set of CAS mail-friendly Christmas cards. Although I love my dimension, sometimes one layer cards are just the way to go when you need to send out a ton of holiday cards.
Be Merry & Bright Christmas Card Set by Handmade by Yuki | Newton's Nook Designs: Festive Forest
Before I started the actual cards, I created a quick template using a piece of scratch typing paper. This really helped me align my images and know exactly where to stamp each tree. Once I got the layout, I used my mini MISTI to stamp all of the different trees in different colors. Although you don't need a MISTI tool to create these cards, let me tell ya, it sure made stamping the images a breeze! I heat embossed the sentiment tree in gold embossing powder. To finish the cards, a gold star to the top of each gold embossed tree. I ended up creating a total of four cards and making them in an assembly-style fashion made it super quick and easy!
Be Merry & Bright Christmas Card Set by Handmade by Yuki | Newton's Nook Designs: Festive Forest

Would you like to win the "Ornamental Newton" or "Festive Forest" stamp set?
Today we will pick TWO winners, one to win each set!

Here's how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective blog release posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday, October 27th at 9pm CST to comment  -- winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, October 28th.

Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:


19 comments:

  1. Love the background on Newton's card.
    Really makes him pop.
    the second card is wonderful.
    Love the use of the trees.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW ! your cards are just stunning ! I really love them, they really showcased amazingly all those new products ! Thanks so much for sharing and for inspiring !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome colors on both of your fabulous cards! Ornamental Newton is adorable! Love the coloring and details on your sweet card! And the Festive Forest trees are so pretty! Love the designs on the trees! So many fun possibilities with this set! Awesome release!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours you have used. Teal and Turquoise are my favourite colours at the moment. SO cute...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your projects today are so beautiful! I love the kitty hanging in front of that lovely blue background! So pretty! The set of tree cards is awesome too! I love how you could make a whole set of cards so quickly with this set! Thanks for the awesome inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty cards. Love your backgrounds. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card!! Newton is my favourite character and he is so fun and cute with the bauble!! :D Amazing inked background, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards. They're both so colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards! Newton is always adorable, but the multi-colored trees is fabulous. It's super colorful and would be easy to mass-produce.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely background
    stamping with the
    trees and love
    your beautiful
    Newton ornament
    card.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marvelous cards Yuki!! That cat is adorable and our colorful trees are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty colors on the Newton card and I like how you stamped the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The trees are so colorful love them! Newton with the ornament is colored fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards Yuki and don't you just love your MISTI? These are a great set for duplicating.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those colors used with Newton! Then your colorful trees--very festive!

    ReplyDelete