Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Newton's Nook Designs - Thanks for Owl You Do

Hi crafty friends! Today I'm up on the Newton's Nook Designs blog sharing a super fun Fall-themed shaker card using the What A Hoot set.
Owl Thank You Shaker Card by Handmade by Yuki | Newton's Nook Designs: What A Hoot
I know I've said this before, but I seriously love these adorable little owls! I just had to use them both for today's card. I colored them both with Copic Markers and then cut them out using the coordinating dies. I die cut a panel of kraft card stock using an A2-sized stitched rectangle die. I stamped a woodgrain background onto the kraft panel in Khaki ink for a tone-on-tone look. I and then cut both sides using a scalloped border die and cut the shaker window using a semi-circle window die. I distressed the edges with Vintage phone distress ink to give the kraft card stock a more earthy feel. I filled the shaker window with 4mm Whimsical Forest sequins mix and silver shimmer seed beads. I heat embossed the sentiment in gold onto a piece of vellum and fussy-cut it out. I adhered the sentiment onto the shaker window with clear foam tape and also used foam tape for the owls. I mounted the shaker panel onto a chocolate truffle card base and finished the card with a few 6mm sequins from the Autumn Harvest mix.

Owl Thank You Shaker Card by Handmade by Yuki | Newton's Nook Designs: What A Hoot

I had so much fun making another card with adorable set. These little owls are so perfect for so many different occasions! I hope you were inspired and be sure to swing by the NND blog for more inspiration. Thanks again for stopping by and have a wonderful day! ♥

2 comments:

  1. This card is so adorable! I love the soft neutral colors you used along with the woodgrain and sequin window!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is darling Yuki!! Love the leaves inside the shaker. Those little owls are as sweet as they can be!!

    ReplyDelete