Monday, October 17, 2016

Simon Says Stamp - Birthday Wishes to You

Hi crafty friends! Today I'm sharing a fun birthday card I had made some time ago and never got around to actually posting. I made a fun shaker card using the adorable Birthday Celebration stamp set from Simon Says Stamp.
Birthday Wishes to You Shaker Card by Handmade by Yuki | Simon Says Stamp: Birthday Celebration
To start off, I colored the cute elephant with Copic Markers and then fussy-cut it out, leaving a white border. I ink blended a piece of white card stock with Picked Raspberry and Twisted Citron distress inks and then cut it out using a Scallop Oval die. I kept the inside portion to create the background for the shaker window. I filled the shaker with a mix of matching seed beads, mini star confetti and sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.
Birthday Wishes to You Shaker Card by Handmade by Yuki | Simon Says Stamp: Birthday Celebration
I then gold heat embossed the "birthday" on vellum and fussy-cut it out as well. I adhered it to the front of the shaker window with clear foam tape. I white heat embossed the section portion of the sentiment onto a small strip of black card stock. I mounted the shaker window onto a white card panel I cut using a stitched rectangle die and a piece of glitter card stock I cut using a scallop rectangle die. As a finishing touch, I added a few extra gold mini star confetti to the front of the card.
 photo SSS Birthday Wishes to You 03_HandmadebyYuki.jpg
I just love how bright and happy this card turned out. I've since mailed this card off to another fellow crafty friend, but I'm sure glad I snapped a few photos of it before mailing it out :)! Thanks again for stopping by and have a wonderful day! ♥

4mm Fairytale Fuchsia Sequins
4mm Peridot Mist Sequins
Gold Mini Star Sequins
Iridescent Mini Star Confetti
Silver Shimmer Seed Beads

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, could this be any cuter!! Super sweet card Yuki!

    ReplyDelete