Saturday, November 5, 2016

"Overjoyed for You" Wedding Shaker Card

Hi there! I actually published this post yesterday, unfortunately Photobucket was down all day which prevented my photos from loading :(. I knew I wouldn't be able to upload the saved photos from my home desktop until the late evening, so I decided to re-post it again today. Thanks again for your patience and comments to let me know! 

Happy Friday! Today I'm sharing an elegant shaker card I made for my coworker who will be giving this to her best friend that's getting married this weekend!

The wedding cake image is from the Winnie & Walter "Sugar Rush" set. I masked the three separate images (flowers, cake and cake stand) to make it look like one image. I also heat embossed the cake stand in gold embossing powder. To create the shaker window, I die cut a scalloped oval frame die from gold glitter card stock and backed the shaker with pattern paper from the My Mind's Eye "Christmas on Market Street" 6x6 paper pack. I filled the shaker window with silver shimmer seed beads, 4mm metallic gold and metallic rose gold sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.
I added a few red roses from the Mama Elephant "Bloomsies" set to the front of the card. I then heat embossed the sentiment in gold onto a piece of vellum and cut the banner using the coordinating die. For the background, I die cut a panel of whip cream card stock using an A2-sized stitched rectangle die. I then stamped a pinstripes background in sparkling gold pigment ink. I used a stitched scalloped border die to cut stripes of burgundy card stock  and then layered them on top of each other. To finish the background panel, I wrapped the top strip of burgundy card stock with two strands of gold sequins. To finish the card, I added some clear wink of stella glitter to the cake and roses.
I absolutely love how this card turned out! I hope this makes the recipient's wedding day extra special and fabulous! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!




5 comments:

  1. Hi Yuki! The photo of your card isn't showing???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know! It looks like Photobucket is temporarily down :(. Hopefully it's back up soon or I'll need to upload the photos directly to blogger. Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. This might just be THE PRETTIEST wedding card I have ever scene! Love the pretty flowers on the cake and the layered scallops!! Fabulous card Yuki!!

    ReplyDelete