Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Newton's Nook Designs DT farewell + personal update!

Hi crafty friends! Today I am sad to announce that this will be my final project for the NND design team. I'd like to thank Jen and the entire NND design team for being so amazing, welcoming and supportive!

It has been a great two years, however if you follow me on Instagram, then you know we recently welcomed a puppy into our family. Our new pup's name is Greg. He is a Golden Retriever and he has just been the sweetest pup ever. As you can imagine, a puppy is a lot of work! So I will be taking a break from crafting to focus my time and energy on raising this little guy. I hope to squeeze in some time for crafting over the next few months, but I just wanted to give you heads up that it'll be pretty quiet around here for a while.

So now onto my project! Since all of my Christmas cards are done and mailed off, I decided to create a fun birthday card using Raccoon Rascals. I'm running pretty low on birthday cards and realized I have very few masculine cards on hand right now. So I decided to keep the design pretty CAS and gender neutral.

I colored the raccoon hanging upside down with Copic Markers. I then fussy-cut him out and added some small googly eyes. I cut a white panel using a stitched rectangle die and then used a stitched square die to cut a window. For the background of the window opening, I used pattern paper from the AE Everyday paper pack. The "happy" is from Simply Seasonal. I simply white heat embossed the sentiment onto navy card stock and then fussy-cut it out. The small "birthday" sentiment is from the Simply Sentimental set and that fit perfectly under the happy.  I layered the focal panel over a piece of navy card stock and for the background I used pattern paper from the Jen Hadfield "Cottage Living" paper pack.
Happy Birthday by Handmade by Yuki | Newton's Nook Designs: Raccoon Rascals, Simply Sentimental and Simply Seasonal

Thanks again for stopping by today! I hope it won't be too long before my next post. If you would like to stay in touch, you can follow me on my personal IG @ucaree. For updates on Greg, you can follow his IG @greg_the_golden. :)

Happy holidays and have a wonderful New Year's! 

4 comments:

  1. This card is so adorable! Love the googly eyes! Thank you so much for being part of our team! It's been so much fun seeing all your creations! We wish you all the best and give Greg a head scratch from us!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card, love this little fella! But your new puppy steals the spotlight today!! What a little sweetheart!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuki, your card is great as always. Will miss seeing your work on a regular basis but look forward to whatever you post when you can. Enjoy your puppy and some down time.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greg is super cute - congratulations! I hope you start crafting again soon. I just found your blog last week when I was looking for inspiration for a card using Lawn Fawn's Critters in the Forest. I CASEd a card you made in 2014 :) I also have a dog - we just passed our registered therapy dog exam through Pet Partners after 3 1/2 years of training, so proud of him! Then he came home and stole a bag of tortillas from my kitchen counter to put me in my place :)

    ReplyDelete