Friday, December 2, 2016

Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #38 - Color Challenge

Happy December! Can you believe there's only 23 more days until Christmas - so crazy! I hope all of your holiday shopping and card making has been going well!  Today there's a new Inky Paws Challenge over on the Newton's Nook Designs blog. This month's theme is a color challenge and I was inspired to make a fun holiday card using the new Sweater Weather set.
Inky Paws #38 by Handmade by Yuki | Newton's Nook Designs: Sweater Weather
I started off by creating my own stamped background using the mittens. I mounted the mittens on my acrylic block backwards and stamped the back of stamps with Lake Shore and Mint dye inks. I then stamped the right side of the stamps in black ink. This technique really only works for symmetrical images, however it worked out perfectly because the set included the mirror images. I colored the cute bunny with Copic Markers and then cut it out using the coordinating die. To mute the background behind the bunny, I die cut a circle from vellum and glued it right behind the bunny. I used a stitched cloud border die to make snow hills. I then white heat embossed the sentiment from the Beautiful Baubles set onto teal card stock and fussy-cut it out. I used matching pattern paper for the background and added some silver cord twine. To finish the card, I added 4mm Holly Jolly Christmas sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

I had so much fun using this color combo. It's fun to use non-traditional Christmas colors and I also like that it can also be used to make fun winter cards too! I hope you were inspired by this month's theme! Be sure to visit the Newton's Nook Designs blog for more inspiration! ♥

4 comments:

  1. LOVE this, the colors are fantastic!
    Happy Friday!
    I can't believe they're forecasting snow for next week?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! OMG I know! We had some wet flurries this morning, not too much actual snow but it looks like surrounding areas got quite a bit of snow. How's it been in Snoqualmie?

      Delete
  2. I like the mittens in the background with this darling bunny!! Very cute card Yuki!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweater Weather is the cutest set! I love what you've done with it, your card is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete